rethink-scala alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Database" category.
Alternatively, view rethink-scala alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
9.4 8.7 rethink-scala VS SlickScala Language Integrated Connection Kit. Slick is a modern database query and access library for Scala
8.6 9.0 rethink-scala VS ScalikeJDBCA tidy SQL-based DB access library for Scala developers. This library naturally wraps JDBC APIs and provides you easy-to-use APIs.
8.5 1.4 rethink-scala VS PhantomSchema safe, type-safe, reactive Scala driver for Cassandra/Datastax Enterprise
8.3 7.7 rethink-scala VS ReactiveMongo:leaves: Non-blocking, Reactive MongoDB Driver for Scala
7.4 7.6 rethink-scala VS SquerylA Scala DSL for talking with databases with minimum verbosity and maximum type safety
A modern idiomatic MongoDB Scala Driver.
ActiveRecord-like ORM library for Scala
4.7 0.0 rethink-scala VS scredisNon-blocking, ultra-fast Scala Redis client built on top of Akka IO, used in production at Livestream
4.5 0.0 rethink-scala VS AnormCypherNeo4j Scala library based on Anorm in the Play Framework
4.0 4.7 rethink-scala VS ScruidScala + Druid: Scruid. A library that allows you to compose queries in Scala, and parse the result back into typesafe classes.
3.8 9.2 rethink-scala VS neotypesScala lightweight, type-safe, asynchronous driver for neo4j
Clickhouse Scala Client with Reactive Streams support
2.8 0.0 rethink-scala VS ScalaRelationalType-Safe framework for defining, modifying, and querying SQL databases
2.7 0.0 rethink-scala VS ReactiveNeo[DISCONTINUED] Reactive type-safe Scala driver for Neo4J
2.7 9.3 rethink-scala VS CouchbaseThe Couchbase Monorepo for JVM Clients: Java, Scala, io-core…
2.6 4.8 rethink-scala VS lucene4sLight-weight convenience wrapper around Lucene to simplify complex tasks and add Scala sugar.
akka-persistence-gcp-datastore is a journal and snapshot store plugin for akka-persistence using google cloud firestore in datastore mode.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of rethink-scala or a related project?
Scala Rethinkdb Driver
Work in progress for RethinkDB 2.0 release.
- Full Type Safety (still a work in progress, will use macros to support case class type safety, right now all queries should be typed checked against the rules of RQL, )
- Mapping to and from case classes , this allows you to fetch data to an case class via .as[CaseClass] or insert data from case classes (will be translated to a Map[String,_]
- Lazy evaluation, all expressions are evaluated in a lazy fashion, meaning that the ast will be build up but the inner
optargswont be resolved until .run/.as or .ast is called for performance.
- Importing com.rethinkscala.Implicits._ will give you a more normal way to construct your rql so you can write normal scala code without worrying about casting in a
- Uses Jackson for json mapping via jackson-module-scala
- Complete Test Suite
- Fix compile warns
- Allow type safety for
Predicateclasses via macros
val main = Project(....).settings(resolvers ++= Seq("RethinkScala Repository" at "http://kclay.github.io/releases")) val rethinkscala = "com.rethinkscala" %% "core" % "0.5.0", val rethinkscala = "com.rethinkscala" %% "core" % "0.5.1-SNAPSHOT"
To get started
import com.rethinkscala.Blocking._ // for blocking api implicit val blockingConnection = Blocking(Version3) import com.rethinkscala.Async._ // for async api implicit val asyncConnection = Async(Version3)
scala> r.table("marvel").map(hero=> hero \ "combatPower" + hero \ "combatPower" * 2) res2: com.rethinkscala.ast.RMap = RMap(Table(marvel,None,None),Predicate1(<function1>)) scala> import com.rethinkscala._ import com.rethinkscala._ scala> val version =new Version3("172.16.2.45") version: com.rethinkscala.net.Version3 = Version3(172.16.2.45,28015,None,5) scala> implicit val connection = new Connection(version) connection: com.rethinkscala.Connection = Connection(Version2(172.16.2.45,28015,None,5)) scala> val info =DB("foo").table("bar").info info: com.rethinkscala.ast.Info = Info(Table(bar,Some(false),Some(DB(foo)))) //case class DBResult(name: String, @JsonProperty("type") kind: String) extends Document //case class TableInfoResult(name: String, @JsonProperty("type") kind: String, db: DBResult) extends Document scala> val result = info.as[TableInfoResult] result: Either[com.rethinkscala.net.RethinkError,com.rethinkscala.net.TableInfoResult] = Right(TableInfoResult(bar,TABLE,DBResult(test,DB))) // selecting data scala> r.db("test").table("foos").create.run res1: Either[com.rethinkscala.net.RethinkError,Boolean] = Right(true) scala> val table = r.db("test").table("foos") table: com.rethinkscala.ast.Table = Table(foos,Some(false),Some(DB(test))) scala> val records = for(i <-1 to 5) yield SelectFoo(i) records: scala.collection.immutable.IndexedSeq[SelectFoo] = Vector(SelectFoo(1), SelectFoo(2), SelectFoo(3), SelectFoo(4), SelectFoo(5)) scala> table.insert(records).run res2: Either[com.rethinkscala.net.RethinkError,com.rethinkscala.net.InsertResult] = Right(InsertResult(5,0,0,0,None,null,0,0)) scala> val results = table.between(2,4).order("id").as[SelectFoo] results: Either[com.rethinkscala.net.RethinkError,Seq[SelectFoo]] = Right(Cursor(SelectFoo(2), SelectFoo(3), SelectFoo(4))) scala> val results = table.filter(f=> f \ "id"> 2).as[SelectFoo] results: Either[com.rethinkscala.net.RethinkError,Seq[SelectFoo]] = Right(Cursor(SelectFoo(3), SelectFoo(5), SelectFoo(4))) scala> val results = table.filter(f=> f \ "id"> 2).order("id".desc).as[SelectFoo] results: Either[com.rethinkscala.net.RethinkError,Seq[SelectFoo]] = Right(Cursor(SelectFoo(5), SelectFoo(4), SelectFoo(3)))
Note needs protobuf 2.5.0 installed
Checkout Main repo sudo apt-get install protobuf-compiler git clone [email protected]:kclay/rethink-scala.git cd rethink-scala sbt compile
0.4.9 - 12/07/15
- Update to Scala 2.11.7, SBT 0.13.8, and target JVM 1.8 (thanks @crockpotveggies)
- Added scalaz-stream support
- Refactored connections to have
Backends, this will allow switching connection/stream implementations
- Updated to support rethink API 2.0
0.4.6 - 05/12/15
- Polymorphism support #23
- No need to extend
- Breaking Change - table.getAll(indes:String,attr:Any*) is now table.getAll(attr:Any*).withIndex(index:String)
- Breaking Change - Updated table.indexCreate definition
- Support for Continuing a stream
- Added functional blocking delegate which uses
- Updated Netty.io to 4.0.27.Final
- Fixed issues with connection pooling where results wouldn't resolve and timeout.
- Breaking Change - casting an Var to map is now done with
- Made connection setup sequence fully async
- Blocking._ and Async._ now has Version3 visible
- Added more examples/tutorial (thanks @Shegnc ) ###0.4.6 - 01/29/15
- Geo Support
- Uuid Support
- Fixed restoring connection on failed quries (thanks @mick-h)
- Fixed Option support (thanks @mick-h)
- Fixed issue were null results were not handle properly (thanks @mick-h)
- Fixed nested document insert (thanks @maohde)
- Fixed exception being thrown when query returns back empty results (thanks @mick-h)
0.4.5 - 10/12/14
- Fixing Nested documents for json
- Fixed connection pooling
- Minor bug fixes
0.4.4 - 8/26/214
- JSON Support
- Start of HTTP Support
- Updated to support 1.13.x
0.4.3 - 9/24/13
- Added zip
- bug fixes
0.4.2 - 08/12/13
- Fixed update and filter quries
0.4 - 08/09/13
- Fixed race conditions in connection pool
- Switched to using protobuf-java 2.4.1 due to compatibility issues with akka-cluster 2.2.0
- minor bug fixes
0.3 - 07/28/13
com.rethinkscala.Schemaobject can be created , this provides some helper methods to provide type-saftey for tables
- The map representation of the query is returned as well if cased to
com.rethinkscala.net.Documentand is accessable by using a a
- Active record type update and saves are not available, importing you schema into scope provides your case classes with an
updatedoes a full replace for now
- Case classes can now have their
idautomatically generated by providing a
id:Option[String] = None
- Documents now have a beforeInsert and afterInsert lifecycle, afterInsert/afterInsert(generatedKey:String)
- Driver now supports 1.7.x which allows you to fetch the
new_valsfor single entry update/insert via ChangeResult.resultValue[T]
- minor bug fixes
0.2 - 07/04/13
Streams are now supported, this means that when using methods like
between the results will be wrapped in a
com.rethinkscala.net.Cursor[R] which will act like an