ZIO alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Functional Reactive Programming" category.
Alternatively, view ZIO alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
8.0 0.0 ZIO VS RxScalaRxScala – Reactive Extensions for Scala – a library for composing asynchronous and event-based programs using observable sequences
2.6 0.0 ZIO VS Reactor-Scala-ExtensionsA scala extension for Project Reactor's Flux and Mono
1.0 0.0 ZIO VS Reactive CollectionsA concurrent reactive programming framework.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of ZIO or a related project?
Welcome to ZIO
ZIO is a zero-dependency Scala library for asynchronous and concurrent programming.
Powered by highly-scalable, non-blocking fibers that never waste or leak resources, ZIO lets you build scalable, resilient, and reactive applications that meet the needs of your business.
- High-performance. Build scalable applications with 100x the performance of Scala's
- Type-safe. Use the full power of the Scala compiler to catch bugs at compile time.
- Concurrent. Easily build concurrent apps without deadlocks, race conditions, or complexity.
- Asynchronous. Write sequential code that looks the same whether it's asynchronous or synchronous.
- Resource-safe. Build apps that never leak resources (including threads!), even when they fail.
- Testable. Inject test services into your app for fast, deterministic, and type-safe testing.
- Resilient. Build apps that never lose errors, and which respond to failure locally and flexibly.
- Functional. Rapidly compose solutions to complex problems from simple building blocks.
To learn more about ZIO, see the following references:
- [Contributor's Guide](./docs/about/contributing.md)
- Pull Requests
Following is a partial list of companies happily using ZIO in production to craft concurrent applications.
Want to see your company here? Submit a PR!
- AdGear / Samsung Ads
- Bank of America
- Call Handling
- Complicated Robot
- DHL Parcel The Netherlands
- Dow Jones
- DPG recruitment
- Deutsche Telekom IoT GmbH
- Electricité de France (EDF)
- greyflower.media GmbH
- Kaizen Solutions
- Kamon APM
- LiveIntent Inc.
- Ocado Technology
- Olyro GmbH
- Performance Immo
- PPC Samurai
- Randstad Groep Nederland
- PIM Solutions
- Risk Ident
- Tweddle Group
- Verbund AG
- Valamis Group
Ziverge is a leading contributor to ZIO.
Scalac sponsors ZIO Hackathons and contributes work to multiple projects in ZIO ecosystem.
Septimal Mind sponsors work on ZIO Tracing and continuous maintenance.
SoftwareMill generously provides ZIO with paid-for CircleCI build infrastructure.
YourKit generously provides use of their monitoring and profiling tools to maximize the performance of ZIO applications.
Code of Conduct
See the [Code of Conduct](./docs/about/code_of_conduct.md)
Copyright 2017 - 2020 John A. De Goes and the ZIO Contributors. All rights reserved.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the ZIO README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.