REScala alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Functional Reactive Programming" category
3.8 0.0 REScala VS SynapseGridan FRP framework for constructing reactive real-time immutable data flow systems. It implements an original way of running and organizing event-driven systems based on Petri nets. The topology can be viewed as a .dot graph. The library is compatible with Akka and can seamlessly communicate with other actors.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of REScala or a related project?
REScala is a set of libraries for principled reactive programming, a programming paradigm that integrates the strong guarantees of functional reactive programming into object oriented programs, and is useful in many contexts such as traditional user interfaces, concurrent and distributed applications, web development, and server software.
This repository contains mutliple subprojects, the most important ones are:
- Main: contains the main reactive programming library, for the JVM and JS. Also includes a concurrent scheduler for the JVM, making it thread safe.
- Extensions/REAndroidThings: contains an integration with androidthings to write apps for the android of things platform.
- Extensions/RESwing: contains an integration with scalaswing to write UIs on the JVM.
- Extensions/Rescalatags: contains an integration with scalatags to write web applications.
- Research/Microbenchmarks: contains a benchmark suite for reactive programming.
- Tests: integration tests for various subprojects.
- Examples: various example applications.
- dividi: money dividing application, showing the use of distributed CRDTs integrated into rescala
- Editor: basic text editor in different implementation styles (imperative, to full reactive)
- examples: misc examples involing swing, time, datastructures (no reswing, using swing directly)
- examples-reswing: misc reswing examples
- Mill: mill game using reswing
- paroli-chat: console application demoing distributed CRTDs
- PongDemo: application design demonstrating, showing multiple steps of adding features to a reactive application
- RSSReader: imperative/reactive versions of a reswing RSS reader (actual network request, no support for failures yet)
- Shapes: reswing drawing application
- Todolist: Rescalatags todo application in the style of common todo applications
- Universe: console application demoing parallel execution of simulations