Gitbucket alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Tools" category.
Alternatively, view Gitbucket alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
dotty9.7 9.9 Gitbucket VS dottyThe Scala 3 compiler, also known as Dotty.
sbt9.7 9.3 Gitbucket VS sbtsbt, the interactive build tool
Mill9.0 9.7 Gitbucket VS MillYour shiny new Java/Scala build tool!
Metals9.0 9.8 Gitbucket VS MetalsScala language server with rich IDE features 🚀
Wartremover8.1 8.1 Gitbucket VS WartremoverFlexible Scala code linting tool
bloop7.9 9.7 Gitbucket VS bloopBloop is a build server and CLI tool to compile, test and run Scala fast from any editor or build tool.
Scalastyle7.8 0.0 Gitbucket VS Scalastylescalastyle
Scalafix7.7 8.1 Gitbucket VS ScalafixRefactoring and linting tool for Scala
Scoverage6.6 7.3 Gitbucket VS ScoverageScoverage Scala Code Coverage Core Libs
Scapegoat6.4 9.0 Gitbucket VS ScapegoatScala compiler plugin for static code analysis
Abide5.7 0.0 Gitbucket VS AbideLibrary for quick scala code checking and validation
Scalatex5.4 0.0 Gitbucket VS ScalatexProgrammable, Typesafe Document Generation
Scurses5.0 0.0 Gitbucket VS ScursesScurses, terminal drawing API for Scala, and Onions, a Scurses framework for easy terminal UI
Scalariform3.9 0.0 Gitbucket VS ScalariformScala source code formatter
Fastring3.4 0.0 Gitbucket VS FastringExtremely fast string formatting
scala-trace-debug3.1 0.0 Gitbucket VS scala-trace-debugMacro based print debugging. Locates log statements in your IDE.
fast-string-interpolatorScala macro that generates ultra-fast string interpolators.
scalajs-benchmark2.7 0.0 Gitbucket VS scalajs-benchmarkBenchmarks: write in Scala or JS, run in your browser. Live demo:
Time Series library2.4 1.6 Gitbucket VS Time Series libraryTime Series library for Scala
dregrex2.1 7.7 Gitbucket VS dregrexDregex is a JVM library that implements a regular expression engine using deterministic finite automata (DFA). It supports some Perl-style features and yet retains linear matching time, and also offers set operations.
Scaps2.0 0.0 Gitbucket VS ScapsScala API Search
pos1.6 0.0 Gitbucket VS posMacro based print debugging. Locates debug statements in your IDE. Supports logging.
scalafmt0.9 0.0 Gitbucket VS scalafmtThis repo is now a fork of --->
CodacyAutomated Code Reviews for Scala
Giter8command line tool to generate files and directories from templates published on Github
Access the most powerful time series database as a service
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Gitbucket or a related project?
GitBucket is a Git web platform powered by Scala offering:
- Easy installation
- Intuitive UI
- High extensibility by plugins
- API compatibility with GitHub
The current version of GitBucket provides many features such as:
- Public / Private Git repositories (with http/https and ssh access)
- GitLFS support
- Repository viewer including an online file editor
- Issues, Pull Requests and Wiki for repositories
- Activity timeline and email notifications
- Account and group management with LDAP integration
- a Plug-in system
GitBucket requires Java8. You have to install it, if it is not already installed.
- Download the latest gitbucket.war from the releases page and run it by
java -jar gitbucket.war.
- Go to
http://[hostname]:8080/and log in with ID: root / Pass: root.
You can also deploy
gitbucket.war to a servlet container which supports Servlet 3.0 (like Jetty, Tomcat, JBoss, etc). Note that GitBucket doesn't support Jakarta EE yet.
For more information about installation on Mac or Windows Server (with IIS), or configuration of Apache or Nginx and also integration with other tools or services such as Jenkins or Slack, see Wiki.
To upgrade GitBucket, replace
gitbucket.war with the new version, after stopping GitBucket. All GitBucket data is stored in
HOME/.gitbucket by default. So if you want to back up GitBucket's data, copy this directory to the backup location.
GitBucket has a plug-in system that allows extra functionality. Officially the following plug-ins are provided:
You can find more plugins made by the community at GitBucket community plugins.
Building and Development
If you want to try the development version of GitBucket, or want to contribute to the project, please see the Developer's Guide. It provides instructions on building from source and on setting up an IDE for debugging. It also contains documentation of the core concepts used within the project.
- If you have any questions about GitBucket, see Wiki and check issues whether there is a same question or request in the past.
- If you can't find same question and report, send it to our Gitter room before raising an issue.
- The highest priority of GitBucket is the ease of installation and API compatibility with GitHub, so your feature request might be rejected if they go against those principles.
What's New in 4.38.x
4.38.3 - 30 Oct 2022
- Fix several issues around multiple assignees in issues and pull requests
- Fix IllegalStateException when returning unknown avatar image
4.38.2 - 20 Sep 2022
- Resurrect assignee icons on the issue list
4.38.1 - 10 Sep 2022
- Fix comment diff in Chrome 105
- Fix Markdown table CSS
- Fix HTML rendering of multiple asignees
4.38.0 - 3 Sep 2022
- Support multiple assignees for Issues and Pull requests
- Custom fields for issues and pull requests
- Reset password by users
- Allow to configure Jetty idle timeout in standalone mode
- Horizontal scroll for too wide tables in Markdown
- Hide header content on signin and register page
- Fix the default charset of the online editor in the repository viewer
- Fix the milestone count
- Some improvements and bugfixes for WebAPI and WebHook
See the [change log](CHANGELOG.md) for all of the updates.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Gitbucket README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.