Gitbucket alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Tools" category.
Alternatively, view Gitbucket alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
7.9 9.3 Gitbucket VS bloopBloop is a build server and CLI tool to compile, test and run Scala fast from any editor or build tool.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Gitbucket or a related project?
GitBucket is a Git web platform powered by Scala offering:
- Easy installation
- Intuitive UI
- High extensibility by plugins
- API compatibility with GitHub
The current version of GitBucket provides many features such as:
- Public / Private Git repositories (with http/https and ssh access)
- GitLFS support
- Repository viewer including an online file editor
- Issues, Pull Requests and Wiki for repositories
- Activity timeline and email notifications
- Account and group management with LDAP integration
- a Plug-in system
GitBucket requires Java8. You have to install it, if it is not already installed.
- Download the latest gitbucket.war from the releases page and run it by
java -jar gitbucket.war.
- Go to
http://[hostname]:8080/and log in with ID: root / Pass: root.
You can also deploy
gitbucket.war to a servlet container which supports Servlet 3.0 (like Jetty, Tomcat, JBoss, etc). Note that GitBucket doesn't support Jakarta EE yet.
For more information about installation on Mac or Windows Server (with IIS), or configuration of Apache or Nginx and also integration with other tools or services such as Jenkins or Slack, see Wiki.
To upgrade GitBucket, replace
gitbucket.war with the new version, after stopping GitBucket. All GitBucket data is stored in
HOME/.gitbucket by default. So if you want to back up GitBucket's data, copy this directory to the backup location.
GitBucket has a plug-in system that allows extra functionality. Officially the following plug-ins are provided:
You can find more plugins made by the community at GitBucket community plugins.
Building and Development
If you want to try the development version of GitBucket, or want to contribute to the project, please see the Developer's Guide. It provides instructions on building from source and on setting up an IDE for debugging. It also contains documentation of the core concepts used within the project.
- If you have any questions about GitBucket, see Wiki and check issues whether there is a same question or request in the past.
- If you can't find same question and report, send it to our Gitter room before raising an issue.
- The highest priority of GitBucket is the ease of installation and API compatibility with GitHub, so your feature request might be rejected if they go against those principles.
What's New in 4.37.x
4.37.2 - 16 Jan 2022
- Fixed a security issue reported by Positive Technologies. Great thanks for their detailed report and close support!
4.37.1 - 14 Dec 2021
- Update gist-plugin and notification-plugin
- Fix SSHCommand extension point for apache-sshd 2.x
4.37.0 - 11 Dec 2021
- Enhance Git Reference APIs
- Add milestone data to issue list API
- Support "all" in issue list API
- Support EDDSA in signed commit verification
- Support custom SSH url
- Relax max passward length limitation
- Relax max webhook url length limitation
See the [change log](CHANGELOG.md) for all of the updates.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Gitbucket README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.