🚀 This is first release after Gearpump retired from Apache Incubator. Here are notable changes.
- 🔄 Change groupId to io.github.gearpump
- ⬆️ Upgrade sbt to 1.2.7 (#2115)
- ⬆️ Upgrade sbt-assembly to 0.14.9 (#2114)
- ⬆️ Upgrade sbt-pack to 0.11 (#2113)
- ⬆️ Upgrade sbt-unidoc to 0.4.2 (#2111)
- ⚡️ Update license headers (#2108)
- ⬆️ Upgrade to Scala 2.12 (#2106)
- ⚡️ Update sbt-scoverage to 1.2.0 (#2067)
- ✂ Remove ScalaJs module (#2102)
- ⚡️ Update scalatest to 2.2.6 (#2066)
- ⚡️ Update scalacheck to 1.11.6 (#2065)
v0.9.0-rc3January 01, 2019
v0.9.0-rc2December 25, 2018
v0.9.0-rc1December 24, 2018
v0.8.1September 01, 2016
v0.8.1.1August 15, 2016
Apache Gearpump 0.8.0
Apache Gearpump enters Apache incubation. Now, we are working on importing the source code to Apache Git (INFRA-11435), and
a bunch of other tasks (GEARPUMP-1).
Apache Gearpump Jira: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GEARPUMP
- Subscribe link to User list: [email protected]
- Subscribe link to Dev list: [email protected]
- Subscribe link to Private list: [email protected]
- Subscribe link to commits list: [email protected]
What are the changes for the process for Apache Incubation?
The code importing to Apache Git is still in process. During this transtion time,
We will follow these procedures:
- For new issue, we should no longer open issue in Github issues. Instead, we
need to open an issue at Apache Jira: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GEARPUMP
- Pull Requests are still submitted to http://github.com/gearpump/gearpump for review.
- We should cross post the link of PR to Jira site, and Jira link to Pull Request context.
- Code will still be commited to https://github.com/gearpump/gearpump
- During this transition time, document change doesn't require a +1 if it comes from committers.
🚀 6. The release tag requires a consensus in project discussion like sync-meeting. But it doesn't
➕ additional "+1" on code commit.
For example, we will ask around that whether it is OK to trigger a tag; if every one agrees,
🚀 then the assignee can tag the build and change the release doc directly without a written "+1" on the commit.
After the transition period, the proposed process is like this:
- The official repo will be at git://git.apache.org/gearpump.git, all other repos will be
mirror of this repo.
- We will disable "write" in github issues, and switch to Apache Jira.
- We will enable Apache Github integration, which allow us to mirror official Git repo in Github. 🔀 4. When the user submit a PR, there should be at least one +1 before doing merge.
- For all commits, the commit should commit the path manually to official repo
🔀 git://git.apache.org/gearpump.git, "Github merge" will be disabled.
- For document change, we can have further discussion on whether it should requires a +1.
Before completing importing source code to Apache Git, we will still use
🚀 Why we make a tag release now, but not wait until Apache importing complete?
There are quite a lot of open task at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GEARPUMP-1, which
would take a significant time. For example, we still don't have the new maven artifact yet.
🚀 Making incremental releases like this one allow us to be more prepared to make a full Apache release.
⚡️ 1. Update Akka to Akka 2.4.2 (#1988). Now we only support Java 8 and Scala 2.11, Java7, Scala 2.10 support is dropped
🐎 (Be compatible with Akka 2.4.2). The performance of Gearpump 0.8.0 is as good at Gearpump 0.76.
- Fix Min clock slow-advancing issue (#1318) when some graph edge (Possibly means networking between two hosts) don't
have enough traffic. 💻 3. Add OAuth2 social login for UI server.
Akka-stream DSL module is temporary disabled, as Akka-Stream 2.4.2 has big API change compared with Akka-Stream 1.0. We'd
🚀 like to add the full functional module back in next release.
🔄 Change log:
From now on, new issues should be submitted to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GEARPUMP
- ⬇️ GEARPUMP-10, Downgrade netty from Netty 4 to Netty 3.8 cause the OAuth2 authentication failure
- ✅ GEARPUMP-9, Clean and fix integration test
- 👷 GEARPUMP-8, fix "two machines can possibly have same worker id for single-master cluster"
- 🚚 GEARPUMP-6: show add/remove worker buttons for admin
- GEARPUMP-5, Add additional authorization check like checking user-organization for cloudfoundry OAuth2 Authenticator.
- 🚚 GEARPUMP-3, Define REST API to add/remove worker instances, which allow us to scale out in YARN.
- 👷 GEARPUMP-2, Define REST API to submit job jar
- ⬆️ #1988, upgrade akka to akka 2.4.2
- 🚤 #2015, do not send AckRequest or LatencyProbe when no pending messages
- #1943 allow user to config how many executors to use in an application
- #1641, add exactly-once it
- ⚡️ #1318, fix MinClock not updated fast enough for slow stream
- 👍 #1981, Support OAuth2 Social login
- #2007, add Java DSL
- #2002, add akka stream examples
- 🔧 #1996, EmbeddedCluster requires master configuration like ClusterActorRefProvider.
- #1989: add confirmation dialog for kill app and restart app
- #1983, fix KafkaUtilSpec failure
- ✅ #1975, fix storm integration test
- 👻 #1972, backoff retry kafka consuming on exception
- #1966 make Partitioner API Java compatible
- #1892: added instruction text to operate network graph (2) minor tweaks of context menu
- #1963, rename CommitGuideline.md to CONTRIBUTING.md
- ✅ #1958: better test report organizing
- #1906: some visual glichtes found in mobile view
👍 1. #1648 Support submit storm jar via dashboard 👍 2. Support StreamCQL over Gearpump
🔄 Change log:
- ✅ #1924, fix storm test spec failure
- 🔧 #1926, fix client side configuration does not work in CGroup
- 👍 #1648, support submit storm jar via rest interface
- 📚 #1933, Fixes some of the documentation typos, adds SBT configuration
- #1936, allow user to config kafka source start offset time
- #1777, Dynamic DAG failed after changing parallelism for many times
- 🚑 #1932, Fix client config overwrites critical system config
- #1895, make GearpumpNimbus a standalone service
- ⏱ #1910, enlarge timeout in MasterClient
- #1952, document how to use StreamCQL over Gearpump
- #1723, Add an experimental cgroup module for CPU isolation. 📄 2. #1767, Add docs and implementation to support storm 0.10. 💻 3. Make UI mobile phone friendly.
🔄 Change log:
- #1919, fix AppMasterSpec
- #1723 add an experiment module to do cgroup CPU isolation.
- ⚠ #1913, add warning for detected loop in DAG.
- 🚚 #1896, move storm examples under integration test
- ✅ #1897, increase akka logger start up timeout for unit test
- 👷 #1843 Add a Rest service to launch a new worker
- 🛠 #1904, fixed "DAG canvas context menu cannot be displayed."
- ✅ #1898: in integration test, there need a retry attempting for login
- #1882: extract the tool tip string to externalized file
- #1837, Use java.net.preferIPv4Stack to force IPv4
- #1885, Shorten the table view when disabled in mobile.
- #1883,URL redirection error when accessing index.html
- #1874, Format the login failure message to more readable format.
- 0️⃣ #1876, Shell command yarnclient should use 1 as the the default count for "addWorker"
- #1877, Fix several navigation issues on Mobile phone
- 🚚 #1830: removed cluster side menu and tuned main navbar
- #1681: show application last error in overview page
- 0️⃣ #1866, use geardefault.conf to replace reference.conf to avoid confusion
- 📄 #1767, Add docs and implementation to support storm 0.10
- #1868: show correct data points when switch historical view and recent view.
- #1864, Add robots.txt to disable search engine crawling
- #1860, add licenses for included source and binary libraries.
- 💻 #1804, fix UI authentication document page format
🔄 Change log:
- 💻 #1247, add authentication for UI
- #1855: when service is unavailable, do not query models without waiting.
- 🐎 #1833 update performance related doc
- #1831, Services exits on bind failure
- 🚑 #1779: show critical path latency for application
- #1733 dynamic dag fall back to last dag version in case of Master HA
- #1804, fix navbar on mobile
- #1713 regression on HBaseSink
- #1838 YARN failure trying to contact YarnAppMaster when launched in YARN